Thursday, November 03, 2005

Jack the "Artist"

This is so cute, I had to scan in the whole thing:



*Note 85 refers to That Hideous Strength
~C.S. Lewis,
The Collected Letters of C.S. Lewis: Volume II, Letter to Laurence Harwood, (Dec 22, 1944)

3 Comment(s):

At Thu Nov 03, 05:37:00 AM EST, Blogger Arevanye said...

I'm not a fan of venison, but I imagine it was sought after during the war rationing years. No meat at mealtime must have seemed pretty bleak to meat-and-potatoes-loving Lewis!

 
At Thu Nov 03, 09:08:00 AM EST, Blogger Lisa said...

What an adorable letter. I like venison ok with enough seasoning to cover up the taste. :D

 
At Thu Nov 03, 02:07:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That *is* a sweet letter. What a lovely man.

I love venison :-) It's nearly barbecue season here, and venison is a regular treat for us then. Mind you, it's an occasional winter treat, too. Delicious! And even more so during rationing, I'm sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home