Monday, March 14, 2005

A Year of Stirrings and High Changes

'You are guilty of no evil, Ransom of Thulcandra, except a little fearfulness. For that, the journey you go on is your pain, and perhaps your cure: for you must be either mad or brave before it is ended. But I lay also a command on you; you must watch this Weston and this Devine in Thulcandra if ever you arrive there. They may yet do much evil in, and beyond, your world. From what you have told me, I begin to see that there are eldila who go down into your air, into the very stronghold of the Bent One; your world is not so fast shut as was thought in these parts of heaven. Watch those two bent ones. Be courageous. Fight them. And when you have need, some of our people will help. Maleldil will show them to you. It may even be that you and I shall meet again while you are still in the body; for it is not without the wisdom of Maleldil that we have met now and I have learned so much of your world. It seems to me that this is the beginning of more comings and goings between the heavens and the worlds and between one world and another--though not such as the Thick One hoped. I am allowed to tell you this. The year we are now in--but heavenly years are not as yours--has long been prophesied as a year of stirrings and high changes and the siege of Thulcandra may be near its end. Great things are on foot. If Maleldil does not forbid me, I will not hold aloof from them. And now, farewell.'
~C.S. Lewis, Out of the Silent Planet (1938)

_________________________

On this day:

1921 C.S. Lewis visited William Butler Yeats for the first time. Yeats had long been established as the foremost poet of Ireland; he was to receive the Nobel Prize in 1924.

Poetry link of the day: "The Song of Wandering Aengus" by William Butler Yeats (1899)

2 Comment(s):

At Mon Mar 14, 06:33:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I saw this link on livejournal. Anyway, I'm currently reading the "Out of the Silent Planet" trilogy! I just finished the second book, and I think it's cool that you have this blog about C.S. Lewis.

 
At Tue Mar 15, 05:18:00 AM EST, Blogger Arevanye said...

Thanks for visiting The Window, saffrongurl. Enjoy the Space Trilogy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home