Tuesday, September 21, 2004

To Love is to be Vulnerable

Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket--safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.
~C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

Questionable Love Links:

Just added (language warning):Real Country Music Song Titles--ahhh, some of these will break your heart...;-)

Are you compatible with, your current mate, Justin Timberlake, or Anna Kournikova? Use The Love Calculator to find out.

And here are 391 Reasons You Should Go Out With Dale.

3 Comment(s):

At Tue Sep 21, 10:26:00 AM EST, Blogger Arevanye said...

That's a cement box with a locking cast iron lid, by the way. Amazing what you can find on the internet!

I remember someone posting on TORn once that the reason he never married until late in life was that he was gay! But I think he was so wrapped up in his domestic life with Mrs. Moore, that there was just no time or need for him to seek womanly companionship elsewhere. I also wonder if she wasn't just a bit jealous and possessive of his time? Also, in the rarified air of university life in those days, were there really lots of women around to choose from? I would imagine he wouldn't go for just any little airheaded bar-maid!

 
At Tue Sep 21, 11:53:00 AM EST, Blogger Joelle said...

You keep picking quotes that I just wanna print out and put somewhere!

"To love is to be vulnerable". SO true.

 
At Tue Sep 21, 08:46:00 PM EST, Blogger Arevanye said...

Ok, I just have to point out the following results for the Love Calculator:

My Maiden Name + Billy Boyd = 87% chance of relationship

My Married Name + Billy Boyd = 27% chance

My Maiden Name + My Husband's Name = 99% chance!

Ok, I need to know how that calculator works. That is just too freaky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home